You can also help support Elizabeth Gaskell’s House by joining our Friends group.
Since 2004 The Friends group has been supporting the rescue and restoration of 84 Plymouth Grove and continues to play an active and vital role in raising money to maintain and develop the House and Garden. By becoming a Friend, you will be contributing towards the preservation of this important Manchester Literary Treasure for future generations to enjoy.
As a Friend of Elizabeth Gaskell’s House, you can enjoy the following benefits:
• Free entry to Elizabeth Gaskell’s House for one year.
• Regular newsletter.
• Priority notice of forthcoming events.
• The opportunity to attend Friends-only social events and meet like-minded people.
• The opportunity to volunteer and participate in the running of the House, the garden or special events.
• Supporting special projects and new displays.
• Learning and opportunities through talks and lectures.
• Visits to other historic buildings.
• Access to special interest groups – research group, conservation cleaning group.
• Sharing a love of Elizabeth Gaskell and her works.
• The opportunity to support the beautiful home of the Gaskells and ensure it continues to thrive.
The friends are members of the Manchester Historic Buildings Trust and are invited to the annual AGM.
Please consider joining The Friends of Elizabeth Gaskell’s House and becoming part of an enthusiastic team of people who are passionate about preserving one of Manchester’s Literary Treasures.
You can join the Friends for a minimum contribution of £15 per year
Or contact 0161 273 2215 or email@example.com