Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. 11-4.30pm (last entry 4pm)
Concessions (Senior citizens and students): £4
Children under 16: Free, when accompanied by an adult
Tickets are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Credit and debit card payments over £5 are accepted.
Our address is 84 Plymouth Grove, Manchester, M13 9LW
Contact Us on 0161 273 2215 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Free parking is available on neighbouring streets for up to 3 hours on weekdays, unlimited at weekends. There is a NCP/Manchester Royal Infirmary carpark on Grafton Street , a short walk away. Up to 3 hours – £2.50, 3-6 hours £5 and 6-24 hours £15.
Bus route 197 runs along Plymouth Grove and bus stops are marked on our map above.
Many other buses run along Upper Brook Street (2 mins walk), Oxford Road (5-10 mins walk) and Stockport Road.
The nearest train stations are Oxford Road Station (1.4 miles) and Manchester Piccadilly (1.2 miles).
Travel by Bike
Secure bike parking is available in the courtyard to the right of the house.
The House and Garden are fully accessible
- Wheelchair and pushchair access at the side of the House.
- Lift to all floors.
- Accessible toilets on each floor.
- Limited parking space for blue badge holders. Please phone us 0161 273 2215 to reserve.
Everyone is welcome at Elizabeth Gaskell’s House. Come, ring the door bell and stand on the same door step as many of Elizabeth’s famous friends. Ask one of our friendly volunteers for an exploration activity and have fun discovering what life was in a Victorian House with our activity baskets for younger visitors.
- Fully accessible for prams and buggies.
- Baby change facilities.
- Breastfeeding welcome throughout the house.
- Our Tea Room has snacks and drinks available for younger visitors.
- Limited Space for Buggy Parking
- Check our What’s On page for family friendly activities.
‘And we’ve got a house. Yes! we really have’.
Elizabeth Gaskell, 1850