For wedding parties of up to 35 people the Drawing Room at Elizabeth Gaskell’s House provides a stunning space for your special day.
The Drawing Room includes use of a Boudoir Grand piano which may be played by an experienced pianist, Victorian furnishings and furniture that can be arranged to suit your wedding party.
Before the wedding your guests can wait in the entrance hall and look around the Morning Room of the house. Following the ceremony we can provide a drinks reception* in the period Dining Room, which is where Elizabeth wrote her stories and letters. The surrounding gardens provide a beautiful backdrop for photographs, as does the staircase and front steps of the house.
The servants hall in the basement of the house is available for informal dining and afternoon tea parties and can include a bar service if required. Mismatched vintage china cups, saucers, plates and cake stands are available to use.
- The house can accommodate up to 35 people in the wedding party.
- Prices start from £500 for two hours exclusive use of the house on a Friday or Saturday.
- Other days are available although exclusivity may be restricted to certain times as the house may also be open to the public.
- The house has its own bar serving a selection of wines, craft beers and hot & cold drinks. (A minimum spend of £100 is requested to run this after the service)
- Just one mile from Manchester city centre (5 minute walk from Oxford Road).
- Up to 3 hours free on-street parking on week days and free at weekends.
If you would like to view the house for your wedding or would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 273 2215
* In order to protect the house furnishings only Champagne, Prosecco and white wine may be served and consumed in all the period rooms.