We are now looking for a dynamic and hands-on person to join our small team at Elizabeth Gaskell’s House.
Over the past three years we have carved out a niche as a small, unique and friendly wedding and meeting venue in Manchester and we need someone to run and develop this over the next 12 months. We are looking for someone with experience of organising conferences, events or weddings and is prepared to get hands-on setting tables and making coffee when required. You’ll need to have a high attention to detail, be able to multi-task effectively and have superb communication skills. Experience of working with or managing volunteers is desirable though not essential and you need to be able to manage budgets and admin efficiently. For all this you’ll get to work in the beautifully restored home of Manchester’s most famous writer and be part of an enthusiastic team of staff and volunteers.
This role is funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
Location: Elizabeth Gaskell’s House, 84 Plymouth Grove, Manchester, M13 9LW
Hours: 4 days a week (includes working weekends when required and one Sunday a month)
Contract length; 12 months
Reporting to: House Manager
Purpose of job
To coordinate and lead on weddings and venue hire at Elizabeth Gaskell’s House.
- Manage and oversee room and venue hire bookings – including show-rounds, room set up, catering needs and finance.
- Manage wedding bookings from an initial booking to managing the event on the day, including all communication with the couple and suppliers.
- Work with the House Manager on marketing material and messages to promote EGH as a venue for room hire and weddings.
- Attend and host wedding fairs and events to promote the house for room hire and weddings
- Update the Elizabeth Gaskell House website and work with the House Manager to help promote room hire and weddings
- Brief staff and manage volunteers supporting room hire and weddings at the House
- Responsible for maintaining data on all bookings in appropriate and legally compliant manner.
- Responsible for ensuring invoices are sent out and paid by clients.
- Responsible for achieving income targets
- Regular duty management responsibilities to include cash handling, key holder responsibilities and managing a team of volunteers on public open days.
- Responsible for managing kitchen and general office stock including ordering and stock checking
- Work with the volunteers and staff team to develop the Tea Room offer to help increase spend from visitors.
- Responsible for coordinating Health and Safety training, supplies and compliance in the house.
- Other administrative duties as required
- Flexible and able to work on own initiative
- Able to provide a customer focused service
- Budget management skills
- Computer literate
- Able to build and maintain relationships
- Experience of account management
- Experience of working with/setting up audio visual equipment
Please send a covering letter and CV to the House Manager Sally Jastrzebski-Lloyd at email@example.com by 21 September 2020
Questions can also be directed to the House Manager.
Interviews to be held on Monday 28 September 2020