We are looking for a dynamic and hands-on person to join our small team at Elizabeth Gaskell’s House as a Wedding and Conference Coordinator. Over the past four years we have carved out a niche as a unique and super friendly wedding and meeting venue in Manchester and we need someone to run and develop this going forward. We are looking for someone with experience of organising weddings and events (ideally within a cultural venue), and who is prepared to get hands-on setting tables and making coffee when required. You’ll need to have a high attention to detail, be able to multitask effectively and have superb communication skills. Experience of working with or managing volunteers is desirable though not essential and you need to be able to manage budgets and admin efficiently. For all this you’ll get to work in the beautifully restored home of Manchester’s most famous writer and be part of an enthusiastic team of staff and volunteers.
This role is funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund.
Location: Elizabeth Gaskell’s House, 84 Plymouth Grove, Manchester, M13 9LW
Hours: 4 days a week (includes working weekends for weddings and at least one Sunday a month)
Contract length; 12 months initially
Reporting to: House Manager
Purpose of job
To coordinate and lead on weddings and venue hire at Elizabeth Gaskell’s House.
- Manage wedding bookings from an initial booking to managing the event on the day, including all communication with the couple and suppliers.
- Manage and oversee room and venue hire bookings – including show-rounds, room set-up, catering needs and finance.
- Work with the House Manager on marketing material and messages to promote EGH as a venue for room hire and weddings.
- Attend and host wedding fairs and events to promote the house for room hire and weddings
- Update the Elizabeth Gaskell House website and work with the House Manager to help promote room hire and weddings
- Brief staff and manage volunteers supporting room hire and weddings at the House
- Responsible for maintaining data on all bookings in appropriate and legally compliant manner.
- Responsible for ensuring invoices are sent out and paid by clients.
- Responsible for achieving income targets
- Duty management responsibilities to include cash handling, key holder responsibilities and managing a team of volunteers on public open days (one Sunday a month).
- Responsible for managing kitchen and general office stock including ordering and stock checking
- Work with the volunteers and staff team to develop the Tea Room offer to help increase spend from visitors.
- Responsible for updating the online shop and coordinating fulfillment
- Responsible for coordinating Health and Safety training, supplies and compliance in the house.
- Other administrative duties as required
- Experience coordinating weddings/conferences, ideally within a cultural venue
- Flexible and able to work on own initiative
- Expert at multitasking
- Able to provide a customer focused service
- Budget management skills
- Computer literate
- Able to build and maintain relationships
- Experience of account management
- Confident working with/setting up audio visual equipment
Please send a covering letter and CV to the House Manager Sally Jastrzebski-Lloyd at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 6 July 2021.
Questions can also be directed to the House Manager.
Interviews to be held at Elizabeth Gaskell’s House on Tuesday 13 July 2021.