3rd January 2024
Elizabeth Gaskell’s House has a great opportunity for a fundraising specialist to join our Board of Trustees.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and experience in fundraising for charities to join our Board and support the House through an exciting new chapter as we approach our 10th Anniversary of being open to the public. We are especially excited to hear from somebody with experience in Trusts and Foundations.
Our trustees have the ultimate responsibility for making decisions on the governance of Elizabeth Gaskell’s House, ensuring that we are financially sustainable, well run and committed to delivering our charitable responsibilities.
We are ideally looking for a trustee with trust and corporate fundraising experience for the charitable sector. You will support the House Director and board of trustees through identifying funding opportunities, advising on applications and fundraising strategies, leading the fundraising sub-committee and supporting the writing and design of the annual impact report.
We welcome applications from people with a wide range of skills and experience and positively accept applications from people from all backgrounds. You don’t need to have had any former trustee experience.
As this role requires someone with fundraising experience, we are looking for someone with:
- Experience in fundraising or development in the charity or third sector.
- Particular experience in trusts and foundations and corporate giving. Experience in regular and
individual giving is also desired, but not essential.
- Experience of using design and publication software and tools (i.e Canva) to help produce our annual impact report
- A proactive, diplomatic and collegiate approach to working on a board.
- A genuine desire to champion and support the house, the charity and our goals.
You can get full details of the role, how to apply and what it means to be a Trustee at Elizabeth Gaskell’s House via our application pack.