Elizabeth Gaskell’s House will be reopening from Wednesday 19th May – pre-booking is essential. If you would like to discuss the possibility of holding your wedding at the House, please do get in touch and we’ll be delighted to help. All wedding bookings are subject to the current government guidelines at that time and information will be updated accordingly.
For wedding parties of up to 35 people the Drawing Room at Elizabeth Gaskell’s House provides a stunning space for your special day.
The Drawing Room includes use of a Boudoir Grand piano which may be played by an experienced pianist, Victorian furnishings and furniture that can be arranged to suit your wedding party.
Before the wedding your guests can wait in the entrance hall and look around the Study. Following the ceremony we can provide a drinks reception* in the period Dining Room, which is where Elizabeth wrote her famous stories and letters. The surrounding gardens provide a beautiful backdrop for photographs, as does the staircase and front steps of the house.
The Servants Hall in the basement of the house is available for formal dining, buffets and afternoon tea parties. A bottle bar can be provided, along with the use of mismatched vintage china cups, saucers, plates, cake stands and table linen.
- Available for exclusive use for up to 35 people in your wedding party.
- Bottle bar available, serving a selection of wines, craft beers, hot & cold drinks for your drinks reception. (A minimum spend of £100 is required for the bar)
- Beautifully restored garden is an ideal backdrop for your wedding photographs.
- Just one mile from Manchester City Centre (5 minute walk from Oxford Road).
- Up to 3 hours free on-street parking on week days and free at weekends.
If you would like to view the house for your wedding or would like more information please contact our wedding coordinator directly at email@example.com or call 0161 273 2215
* In order to protect the house furnishings, only Champagne, Prosecco and white wine may be served and consumed in all the period rooms.