Looking for a beautiful and intimate setting in Manchester for your special day?
Elizabeth Gaskell’s House can provide a unique and stunning backdrop for your wedding ceremony and celebrations.
From the cosy, book lined study to the grand drawing room with its Boudoir Grand piano we have a variety of small to medium sized period rooms to choose from. Our light and airy basement (the former servants hall and tea room) are ideal for afternoon tea, drinks receptions and buffets, and more formal catering can also be arranged. The restored gardens with its mix heritage and native planting schemes is an ideal backdrops for photography and a pleasant place to mingle with guests on your special day.
- The house can accommodate up to 35 people in the wedding party.
- Prices start from £500 for two hours exclusive use of the house on a Friday or Saturday.
- Other days are available although exclusivity may be restricted to certain times as the house may also be open to the public.
- We have a choice of Victorian period rooms to choose from for the ceremony and the servants hall area is available for drinks receptions and the wedding breakfast.
- The house has its own bar serving a selection of wines, craft beers and hot & cold drinks. (A minimum spend of £100 is requested to run this after the service)
- The beautiful garden is an ideal backdrop for your wedding photographs.
- Just one mile from Manchester city centre (5 minute walk from Oxford Road).
- Up to 3 hours free on-street parking on week days and free at weekends.
If you would like to view the house for your wedding or would like more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 273 2215