Elizabeth Gaskell’s House and Garden are 100% physically accessible to our visitors
- Lift to all floors
- Wheelchair and pushchair access ramp at the side of the House.
- Accessible toilets on the ground and first floor
- Limited parking space for blue badge holders. Please phone us 0161 273 2215 to reserve
- Guide Dogs welcome
- Braille copy of the House guide book is available on request at the welcome desk
- We welcome visitors with physical, sensory and learning disabilities. Our team will do all they can to ensure that your visit is both comfortable and enjoyable.
- If you have questions regarding your visit or would like more specific information please email email@example.com
- We welcome feedback and ideas on how we can make Elizabeth Gaskell’s House more accessible so please do tell us what we need to do better when you visit.
Come, ring the door bell and stand on the same door step as many of Elizabeth’s famous friends. Ask one of our friendly volunteers for a Children’s Trail (led by Cranford, Elizabeth’s Cat) and have fun discovering what life was in a Victorian House with our activity baskets for younger visitors.
- Children’s Trail
- Fully accessible for prams, buggies and wheelchairs
- Baby change facilities
- Breastfeeding welcome throughout the house
- Our Tea Room has snacks and drinks available for younger visitors
- Limited Space for Buggy Parking but you are also welcome to take your pram around the House
- Check our What’s On page for family friendly activities
Information on Elizabeth Gaskell’s House in other languages
We are currently working on translating our information on the House into different languages. We can offer information in the following languages (A PDF can be downloaded via the link);