Looking for a beautiful and intimate setting in Manchester for your special day?
Elizabeth Gaskell’s House will be reopening from Wednesday 19th May – pre-booking is essential. If you would like to discuss the possibility of holding your wedding at the House, please do get in touch and we’ll be delighted to help. All wedding bookings are subject to the current government guidelines at that time and information will be updated accordingly.
Situated just outside the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre, sits the former home of Manchester’s most famous Victorian writer, Elizabeth Gaskell. This beautifully restored house with spectacular period rooms and villa style garden, will provide a unique and stunning backdrop for your wedding and celebrations.
From the cosy, book lined Study, to the elegant Drawing Room, with its Boudoir Grand piano, both rooms provide a special space for your wedding ceremony. Both complete with Victorian furnishings and furniture to suit your wedding party, these period rooms are perfect for the couple wanting something special, intimate and with plenty of charm.
Following the ceremony, we can provide a drinks reception in the period Dining Room, which is also where Elizabeth wrote her famous stories and letters. The beautifully restored gardens with its mix heritage and native planting schemes offer another option for your drinks reception and is a charming backdrop for wedding photographs.
The Houses light and airy basement, includes what was originally the Servants Hall and former Kitchen and provide the perfect space for your wedding celebrations, whether that be a traditional afternoon tea, a buffet or a formal sit-down meal.
- Available for exclusive use for up to 35 people in your wedding party.
- A choice of Victorian period rooms to choose from for the ceremony and the servants hall area is available for drinks receptions and the wedding breakfast.
- Bottle bar available, serving a selection of wines, craft beers and hot & cold drinks. (A minimum spend of £100 is required for the bar)
- Beautifully restored garden is an ideal backdrop for your wedding photographs.
- Just one mile from Manchester City Centre (5 minute walk from Oxford Road).
- Up to 3 hours free on-street parking on week days and free at weekends.
If you would like to view the house for your wedding or would like more information please either fill out our below enquiry form, contact our wedding coordinator directly at email@example.com or call 0161 273 2215.
“Throughout, the team at Elizabeth Gaskell were simply amazing. They went above and beyond to support us and work with all the ever-changing announcements with flexibility, humour and genuine compassion to help us get married”. – Wedding held at the House in August 2020