Looking for a beautiful and intimate setting in Manchester for your special day?
Situated just outside the hustle and bustle of Manchester City Centre, sits the former home of Manchester’s most famous Victorian writer, Elizabeth Gaskell. This beautifully restored house with spectacular period rooms and villa style garden, will provide a unique and stunning backdrop for your wedding and celebrations.
From the cosy, book-lined Study, to the elegant Drawing Room, with its Boudoir Grand piano, both rooms provide a special space for your wedding ceremony. Both complete with Victorian furnishings and furniture to suit your wedding party, these period rooms are perfect for the couple wanting something special, intimate and with plenty of charm.
Following the ceremony, we can provide a drinks reception in the period Dining Room, which is also where Elizabeth wrote her famous stories and letters. The beautifully restored gardens with its mixed heritage and native planting schemes offer another option for your drinks reception and is a charming backdrop for wedding photographs.
The House’s light and airy basement, includes what was originally the Servants’ Hall and former Kitchen and provide the perfect space for your wedding celebrations, whether that be a traditional afternoon tea, a buffet or a formal sit-down meal.
- There is a choice of Victorian period rooms to choose from for the ceremony and drinks reception and the Servants Hall and Tea Room areas are available for the wedding breakfast and reception.
- Beautifully restored garden is an ideal backdrop for your wedding photographs and is licensed for ceremonies for up to 36.
- Bottle bar available, serving a selection of wines, craft beers and hot & cold drinks. (A minimum spend of £100 is required for the bar)
- Just one mile from Manchester City Centre (5 minute walk from Oxford Road).
- Up to 3 hours free on-street parking on week days and free at weekends.
If you would like to view the house for your wedding or would like more information please either fill out our below enquiry form, contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 273 2215.