Looking for a beautiful and intimate setting in Manchester for your special day?
Elizabeth Gaskell’s House can provide a unique and stunning backdrop for your wedding ceremony and celebrations.
In response to Covid-19
All necessary measures are in place to allow small wedding bookings to continue at the house both safely and in line with the current government guidelines. We are delighted to inform you that our drawing room is still available to book for ceremonies of up to 12 guests, however unfortunately we have taken the decision to temporarily close The Study as it doesn’t provide enough room for a group of people to social distance.
Current procedures in place include;
- Providing exclusive venue hire to all couple’s to ensure that no one else is occupying the house during a hire
- A Risk assessment which is being updated accordingly
- Social distancing measures including a one way system
- Pre-arranged seating plan’s to ensure households are sat together
From the cosy, book lined study to the grand drawing room with its Boudoir Grand piano we have a variety of small to medium sized period rooms to choose from. Our light and airy basement (the former servants hall and tea room) are ideal for afternoon tea, drinks receptions and buffets, and more formal catering can also be arranged. The restored gardens with its mix heritage and native planting schemes is an ideal backdrops for photography and a pleasant place to mingle with guests on your special day.
- The house can accommodate up to 35 people in the wedding party.
- Prices start from £270 for an hours exclusive use of the house on a Friday or Saturday.
- Other days are available although exclusivity may be restricted to certain times as the house may also be open to the public.
- We have a choice of Victorian period rooms to choose from for the ceremony and the servants hall area is available for drinks receptions and the wedding breakfast. Receptions currently unavailable
- The house has its own bar serving a selection of wines, craft beers and hot & cold drinks. (A minimum spend of £100 is requested to run this after the service) Bar currently unavailable
- The beautiful garden is an ideal backdrop for your wedding photographs.
- Just one mile from Manchester city centre (5 minute walk from Oxford Road).
- Up to 3 hours free on-street parking on week days and free at weekends.
If you would like to view the house for your wedding or would like more information please either fill out our below enquiry form, contact email@example.com or call 0161 273 2215.