The light and airy basement at Elizabeth Gaskell’s House is the perfect space to host your wedding breakfast and reception. This space includes the former kitchen and servants’ hall and can seat up to 36 people. Once you have eaten, we can accommodate up to 60 people for your reception.
All aspects of your catering must be provided externally. We can recommend a variety of suppliers or you can hire a caterer of your choice. We are here to support you every step of the way, ensuring that our day runs as smoothly as possible.
We have a licensed bottle bar with a small selection of beers, wines, soft and hot drinks. We are happy to cater for both alcoholic or non-alcoholic weddings as requested. If you have a tipple of choice, you can bring your own and pay a corkage fee.
Our Servants’ Hall is a blank canvas that you can decorate however you wish. Our wedding coordinators will be on hand to assist you in making your dream wedding a reality!
If you want a Victorian style afternoon tea, we have a selection of mismatched vintage tablecloths, china and cake stands available to hire.
- Access to the kitchen and servants’ hall is included in all wedding packages.
- We do not have a commercial kitchen, ours is a prep, warming and assembly kitchen only.
- All elements of your catering must be provided externally, including service and cleaning.
- We have a licensed bottle bar, or you can bring your own drinks and pay a corkage fee.
- Tables, chairs, tablecloths and glasses are included in our 5-hour package.
- Mismatched vintage tablecloths and china is available to hire for an additional fee.
- The space can be decorated as you wish.
For more information, or to view the venue, please contact our wedding coordinators by completing the enquiry form below. Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 273 2215.