Voluntary Membership Secretary Role
20th December 2019
The Friends of Elizabeth Gaskell’s House has been supporting the rescue and restoration of the House since before it was acquired by MHBT in 2004. We continue to play an active and vital role in raising money to maintain and develop the House and Garden.
See elizabethgaskellhouse.co.uk/Friends for more information.
The Friends is looking for a volunteer Membership Secretary to be responsible for managing the membership database, processing membership renewals and processing of new memberships.
We envisage that the role will involve about 10 hours work per month, which can be worked flexibly but requires a regular commitment for a minimum of two years.
- Maintain and update the membership database and records, adhering to GDPR.
- Process new membership applications – send welcome letters, issue membership numbers, process payments.
- Send membership renewal letters, process renewals.
- Assist the Friends’ Committee in the recruitment of new members at events.
- Report regularly to the Friends Committee.
Skills and Traits:
- Numeracy and IT skills – intermediate Excel, Word.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Based within travelling distance of Elizabeth Gaskell’s House and central Manchester.
If you would be interested in taking on this volunteer role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your CV.