With the growing concern surrounding the Covid-19 virus, we’d like to reassure all our visitors that we are following guidelines issued by Public Health England, the NHS and the government.
We are keeping a close eye on how the situation develops, and will continue to follow all relevant advice as and when it is issued, but for now we will continue to be open for visitors on Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday 11am-4.30pm, and for private events, room hires and weddings.
The safety of our visitors, volunteer and staff is our priority and we ask that everyone help us stay a low risk environment by following this guidance:
1. Regular wash your hands thoroughly with soap. We have public toilets and wash basins on our ground floor and first floors, with liquid soap and paper towels available.
2. If you do cough or sneeze, please use your sleeve, elbow crease (not your hands) or a tissue and dispose of it immediately in bins provided.
3. We would encourage visitors to use contactless payment if possible for admission and in the Tea Room but we will still accept cash.
3. We are carrying out regular cleaning of door handles and touch screens throughout open days to minimise the risk. We recommend that visitors wash their hands before and after using the touch screens in the Morning Room and when handling any other objects in the House.
4. We advise anyone who feels that they would put themselves or others at risk by visiting, or has symptoms, to postpone their visit. Any admissions tickets purchased are valid for 12 months.
Thank you for your continued support
Staff and Trustees at Elizabeth Gaskell’s House